Working on a home DIY renovation project? There are dozens of aspects that you could be considering to include in your home renovation project. Is tiling one of them?
New tiles could add a completely new and fresh feel to any part of your home. Appealing and practical, tiles could be the DIY project that will take your renovation to the next level!
Is Tiling Easy?
You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easy tiling really is. In most cases, tiling projects can definitely be accomplished without the assistance of a professional, making tiling the ideal project to incorporate into any DIY home renovation. For effective tiling, if you’re not going with the professionals which we do actually suggest, you will need the following equipment:
- Tile Cutter
- Grout Floater
- Grout Sponge
- Plastic bucket (for mixing grout)
There are many tiling tutorials on Youtube that you can make use of should you find yourself in trouble, which is often the case if not hiring the professionals, but for the most part, tiling is exceptionally straightforward. The six basic steps in tiling are:
- Preparing and cleaning the surface − You’ll want to ensure that you have a clean, dry surface free from any moisture or dust.
- Planning the layout of your tiles − Now it’s time to use simple maths and measure the space you want to tile as well as the tiles themselves and workout how many tiles you are going to fit into the space.
- Cutting any tiles if necessary − You may need to cut tiles to fill in gaps. Ensure that you measure correctly and use tile cutters to get the perfect fit.
- Grouting − Once you’ve mixed the grout with water, it’s time to lay it onto the surface you plan on tiling.
- Fix tiles into position.
- Finishing touches and cleaning up – Use a grout float or sponge to get a nice even grout between tiles.
Featured Tiles Or Plain And Simple?
Whether you want to include patterned, featured tiles that make a statement, or use classic white or black tiles with a polished finish; it is all up to your personal preference and the overall design of the room!
We do recommend lustre hexagon white and black polished tiles, meltin grey chevron matt tiles, lusso chevron matt mixed tiles, elsa white tessellation matt tiles and vogue calacatta hexagon mosaic mixed tiles.
Elsa White Tessellation Matt 300X800Product on sale
At Tile Market, we have a wide variety of tiles to suit a range of tastes, styles, design aesthetics and practicalities. We offer matte, matte mixed and patterned tiles just to name a few. When choosing tiles for your DIY project, there are a few things you should take into consideration when choosing the colour, design and texture of your tiles:
- The overall colour scheme of the room
- The practical use for the tiles (wall, floor etc.)
- The size of the space you want to cover
- The design taste of family members also using the space
The Benefits Of Tiles
The reason why tiles are such a common feature in almost every home is because of the many benefits that they provide to homeowners. Some of these benefits include:
- Easy to install by yourself
- Can last for many years without needing to be replaced
- Easy to clean
- Very durable
- Low maintenance
From the above advantages, we are sure that you now understand why tiles are so popular in DIY projects. Are you ready to start your own home renovation project using tiles?
Tiles Just For The Kitchen And Bathroom?
Tiles are very popular in the areas of the kitchen and bathroom because of their waterproof qualities and the fact that they are so easy to clean.
While traditionally, tiles were only used in the kitchen or bathroom, nowadays tiles can be used in any room of the house.
Whether you want to tile the floor of your lounge or create a featured, tile wall in your bedroom, you should go for it!
More Tiling Ideas For Your DIY Project
Tiles allow you to get really creative and you can definitely express your unique, individual style through the use of tiles in your DIY home renovation project.
You don’t have to follow any rule! Why not mix and match tiles to create your own unique pattern or gradient instead of just using one type of tile?
Mosaic is a whole art form in itself but mosaic work with tiles can create something truly special that could give your home a statement piece that will be remembered by all of your guests for years to come.
There are many amazing tiling ideas out there, and you may want to look to sites such as Pinterest for some trend inspiration.
Looking for the best tiles in the business? Browse our luxury tiles online at Tile Market to find the perfect tiles for home renovation project. Don’t hesitate to call us should you have any questions!